Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My Blog

Hi, my name is Akash Ramchandani and I am a junior at Rider University. I am majoring in Secondary Education and English Literature. I am very disciplined and work hard at what I do. I recently made the Deans List in the Fall of 2007 with a GPA of a 3.44. I always do the best as I can when it comes to my school work.

The reason why I wanted to be an Assistant Tennis Coach this summer was because I genuinely enjoying playing the sports and teaching children. I’ve had recent experiences that involved me working with kids. One of them was when I was a camp counselor in the summer of 2004. I taught nine year old boys how to play sports. I developed a lot of chemistry with the kids by talking about our favorite sports teams. It was nice how we had a few things in common because this caused us to get along very well.

I’m also very experienced when it comes to playing tennis. I took private tennis lessons from age 11-13 and public lessons from ages 15-18. I am familiar with all aspects of the game.

One positive trait I have is that I am patient. Sometimes, campers would ask me they could check their names on the clip board that I was holding, or take them to the bathroom. This can become a bit of a nuisance but I was patient handled those situations in a calm manner.

I was also a student teacher at Fisher Middle School and Hopewell High School. The students and I got along very well. Although I like working with younger kids, I prefer working with older ones. Overall, I love teaching and coaching kids and I’m excited to be an assistant tennis coach this summer!

2 comments:

Robert James Crawley said...

Akash - Job well done on your final presentation and your blog! One of the biggest things I feel that you have improved upon this semester is your ability to simplify - some of your earlier Power Point presentations were packed with too much information, and some may have found it confusing. However, as is evident from your blog, you have refined your ability to be more minimalist, and to get your most important points across quickly. Throughout the semester, you consistently presented with good diction and tone, and your level of enthusiasm was always evident. Although occasionally it would be to your benefit to speak somewhat more loudly, it’s a minor issue at best, and I never found myself wondering what you were saying in your presentations. Good work - especially as far as improving your visual aids is concerned.

-Robert Crawley

Courtney said...

Hey Akash, Just wanted to say that I think you did a really great job on your final presentation to the class. I'm so happy that you didn't use the power point, you are so much better then the broshure. You really knew what you were talking about and it sounds like you have such a strong passion when you speak. Keep up the awesome work.